Tuesday, October 28, 2014

6-5-4-3-2-1 SWITCH!

(What I do when I’m going crazy)

A student peed during reading time today. And it got all over a stack of books. Someone else decided to sample a classmate's hand. And everyone decided to yell rather than sing during our Halloween song practice today.

Sometimes I want to pull my hair out, or just join in their shouting. But, I'm the teacher, so I don't.

I take a deep breath and think of 5 things fast. Five small joys to get me back on track. Reasons I like teaching. Funny things the kids said earlier in the day. A great answer, a well-down worksheet. Kind colleagues. A cool activity. Even a tasty lunch.

Die zahl 5

Today's five:

My commute - I live so close to school, it's only a twenty minute walk!
My students - they did so well today in language class!
Afternoon recess - such a beautiful, sunny afternoon with lots of dragons running around.
My snack - homemade peanut butter cookies!
Our classroom - our homemade decorations are up, and it looks great!

No comments:

Post a Comment